Soundslide Project

Click to watch link

The purpose of this Soundslide Project, was to connect an audio story with pictures of a certain event. My partner Jamie and I choose to do a story on the Easter Egg Hunt put on for the Kids Club here at the University. The Thursday before Easter, Jamie and I went to the Easter Egg Hunt in the Field House on campus. Once we got to the event Jamie started to get interviews with some of the parents, children and Jackie Robins who ran the event.

I on the other hand got to experience a whole different side of the Easter Egg Hunt then Jamie did. I took my camera and went out onto the football field with the children. As soon as the doors opened to go outside some of the kids took off running, so I ran with them. While taking pictures of this event I felt like for a while I was actually hunter for eggs myself, rather than just being there to take pictures. I found that the kids where very easy to take pictures of while they where busy hunting for eggs. They did not stop and look at the camera and pose for any pictures, however the athletes on the other hand liked to be ready for the pictures. As a photographer for this event I did run into some problems with this event. The lighting was awful for most of the event. The event started a 7 p.m., which meant that it was starting to become dark outside. This therefore caused bad lighting in the pictures.

On the other side of this project was putting both audio and photographs together into Soundslide. This was a whole new different experience, I found this process hard and tedious. Trying to get the audio to match the photos at the right time to get the full effect of the event, was a challenging process. I would often times fix a photo to the audio perfect, but then all of the rest of the photos would have to change to match its audio part. Jamie and I did work together on the Soundslide project, which was very nice to have both of us working together to help one another.

If I could change anything in our project it would be, the lighting during the Easter Egg Hunt and a broader variety of photos. I used the action mode on my friends camera, which took 40 pictures within about 2 seconds. I took a lot of photos but often found that in 80 pictures there was only two different pictures I could use in our project. Overall I did enjoy this project very much. I got to meet Jamie, who I had never talked to before in this class and we had a great time putting this project together.

Advertisements
By nfinnesa

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s